Climate Resilient Participatory Afforestation and Reforestation Project (CRPARP)
Bangladesh Center for Communication Programs (BCCP) has received the award to design and conduct a comprehensive Strategic Communication Program under the ‘Climate Resilient Participatory Afforestation and Reforestation Project (CRPARP). The specific objective includes conducting awareness campaign and developing web-based system to disseminate information on reducing forest degradation and building the long-term resilience of selected coastal and hilly communities to climate change.
In coastal region, the project covers nine coastal districts of Bangladesh. These are Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Barisal, Patuakhali, Barguna and Bhola. In the hilly area, the project targets the core and buffer zones of the Reserved Forest Land of Chittagong District and Cox’s Bazar District.
The CRPARP is being jointly implemented by the Bangladesh Forest Department, Ministry of Environment and Forest and Arannayk Foundation with technical support from the World Bank.
The project activities are aligned firmly with the Bangladesh Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan, and the ensuing Bangladesh Climate Change Resilience Fund, which aims to manage climate change to ensure that citizenry are protected from the climate induced adverse impacts.
The main activities include:
- Brief Communication Needs Assessment (CNA)
- Communication and Media Strategy and action plan
- Project Website & web-based information dissemination system development
- Advocacy and Outreach Activities
- Information, Education and Communication Materials
- Advocacy materials like documentary videos, photobook, brochure, etc
- Booklet with message and image for the youth
- Success story Book
- Media toolkit
- Monitoring and evaluation